Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 17 - Emotional Day

The Chicago Marathon was today.  I so wanted to run it this year.  So far every race I've wanted to run I haven't been structured enough or committed enough to do it.  I'm not sure what's going on with me.  I love to run, I feel so much better after I do it, but I can't just seem to get on track.  I run for a month or so and then fall off.

I walked Bertie this morning just as the first part of the Marathon was going down Broadway.  The guys in wheelchair bikes went flying by.  I was overwhelmed with emotion, I was so proud and jealous at the same time.  Here these guys are handicapped and they're not letting that stop them.  The drive and dedication, it's amazing. 

I also am feeling very blue today - I know the reason.  I'm not connected to God right now.  I feel so far away from him.  I've got so much going on that if I'd just put it in his hands everything would be fine, but OH NO - I got to handle it all.  UGH!

No Soda today - God please come into my life again.  The invitation is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment